Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Second Juror Weighs In Here

Today we received another post from an "Anonymous" poster, who says they were a juror on the case in the comments section.

Here it is:


It truly is a sad time! I was a member of this jury and want to express how sorry I am that we were not able to bring closure in this case. For the victims that had the strength to come forward to tell about the wrongs that were done to them I cannot even begin to imagine how difficult this was. The strength it must have taken to sit in front of the courtroom and tell about the pain and such personal details about the wrongs done to them is beyond belief. The pain makes me buckle at the knees! Although I am not a parent myself I can only imagine the pain the parents of these men must feel to have learned about how their child was "cared for" when taken for help for behavioral problems. Thank you for for your courage to take the stand. The foreman of the jury, who worked very hard to get closure in this case, shared his sentiments and said it so eloquently. I share his sentiments exactly. All of the victims in this case, including their parents and any victims that did not take the stand, will remain in my thoughts forever.
July 29, 2009 8:24 AM
---------------

The victims and their families and supporters and everyone here want to thank the juror for this message, and for their work on the case.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you to this juror. I can only imagine how difficult it was to be on the jury in the first place.

    Thank you to the juror for the comments they are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A "Victim Mom" here. My most sincere thanks for the hard work and efforts you made on behalf of all our sons. As I said in my comments to the Foreman - it must have been a horribly frustrating experience in that deliberation room. Thank you again for your thoughts and sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was also a juror in this case and wanted to thank all of the men who came forward to tell their stories. My thoughts are with you and your families and wish the outcome could have been different.

    I wish we had more evidence to convince the remaining jurors, but we obviously didn't have all of the evidence presented in the case.
    I'm sure this case will go through a re-trial, and for those men testifying again just be strong and patient because justice will be served!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To all the jurors who have so thoughtfully posted here: thank you.

    I think you should be confident that you had all the evidence necessary to convict, and you did everything you possibly could.

    Unfortunately, we cannot force people to see something they are unwilling or afraid to see, even when it's right in front of their nose.

    The fact that a few jurors were not convinced by the evidence presented was a consequence of their own deficits and blind spots; their failure to be convinced was not a consequence of the quality of the evidence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was also a juror in this case and wanted to thank all of the men who came forward to tell their stories. My thoughts are with you and your families and wish the outcome could have been different.

    I wish we had more evidence to convince the remaining jurors, but we obviously didn't have all of the evidence presented in the case.
    I'm sure this case will go through a re-trial, and for those men testifying again just be strong and patient because justice will be served!

    July 29, 2009 6:28 PM

    ReplyDelete
  6. To the juror who posted yesterday July 29, 6:34 am. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete